Saturday, August 16, 2008

“Say Hello, Wave Goodbye” -David Gray

Packing is usually a last minute endeavor saved for the wee hours before my flight. Today is no different. Tomorrow I leave for Seoul, South Korea. After months of phone interviews, essays, criminal background checks, and relayed emails, I am finally taking off for a one year contract to teach English. Since my study abroad experience in the fall of 2006, I have discovered a passion for travel, culture, and peoples. Upon graduating from college last May, I knew I wasn’t ready to join the workforce/ rat race in New York. I decided to take a job with Chung Dahm Institute (CDI Holdings Inc.) in Seoul, South Korea. I will be teaching 4th-11th graders how to write and converse in English. I have a mixture of emotions including both excitement and fear. Nevertheless, I know this will be an exciting year of traveling, adventures, meeting new people, establishing some great relationships, and most importantly --learning.

Goals:

Learn Korean
Run ½ Marathon
Coach/Play Soccer
Learn to Play the Guitar
Learn to Knit
Read More
Study for LSAT/GRE
Travel to Mongolia, Laos, Tibet, and some other places I’ve already been to
Keep up with this blog

4 comments:

johno said...

Congrats on the job gig Shady! I look forward to reading about your Korean adventures.

SAS F06 represent!

johno

Jane Doe said...

Hey Shady!
It sounds like you are going to have an awesome time! I can't wait to hear about all your adventures:)
jane

Anonymous said...

Shady baby I can't believe you've already been there for 4 days! I played soccer with your little bro the other day and missed you. How are things going? How's the food? How's orientation? Did you bring enough stuff? I hope you're having fun! Love ya sista!!!

catherine said...

diyah! i emailed you the other day and i never hear back from you! i thought that someone might have stole you! then i checked your blog and realized your were just busy. lol. i miss you like whoa and can't wait to read about all of your korean adventures. i bet seoul is a great new place for you to be right now and i am so happy for you! i love you! keep me updated!

How long have I been here?