Thursday, December 2, 2010

Sydney to host FIFA World Cup 2022


Australia's World Cup Bid 2022
*Courtesy of YouTube

I love a good campaign when I see one, but pro-Australia campaigns seem to only love its cliches. This campaign is quite near and dear to my heart as I am an avid player, watcher and overall enthusiast of all things soccer. Living in Australia, I'm definitely rooting for Oz to host, but will I even be here in 2022?

Today, Australia is making its last bid to host the FIFA World Cup 2022 to the FIFA committee in Zurich, Switzerland. High-profile celebrities such as Hugh Jackman, Cate Blanchett, Elle MacPherson, and Cathy Freeman are ambassadors to host.  The country is in the running with USA, Japan, South Korea, and Qatar. However, speculation suggests Australia may not make such a good host being ranked 'least profitable'. The world will know by tomorrow 3 December 2010.

Seeing this campaign video is quite exciting though and reminds me of how fun Australia is and how they are able to make fun of themselves by including such personalities as Crocodile Dundee. Crossed fingers we score a goal on this one!

No comments:

How long have I been here?