Sunday, May 27, 2012

Vivid Sydney

The Vivid Sydney Festival just kicked off this week. It's an annual transformation of Sydney celebrating light, music and ideas. If you're anywhere near Circular Quay, be it by ferry, bridge, road, or train, you'll see various light installations projected on key areas such as the Sydney Opera House, MCA, Customs House and more.

Notable acts such as Florence + the Machine kicked off the celebration with a concert at the Opera House - very jealous of any of you who went!

I didn't even know it was happening until I saw my Facebook feed with mentions of Florence and my Twitter feed with mentions of #vividsydney.

After dinner on Saturday night, Dave and I were really full. Since we hadn't left all day from the house except for that dinner, we decided to take a stroll down to Circular Quay to see the lights festival and walk off our food. I missed it last year (over 400,000 atendees!), so I wanted to see what all this was about.

Here's a few snaps taken with my 8.0 megapixel Samsung Galaxy II and Instagram. Although I can't take the sharpest images at night or from far away, it serves my purposes perfectly. I may not buy another camera again.

View of Circular Quay from Macquarie Street

Woman Rolling Around on the Opera House

View of Circular Quay Ferry Terminal and Customs House

Instagram

Optical Fibre Plants
These Were So Big in the 90s

Like Snakes On the Roof

Instagram

Giant Cube of Coloured Light
Children Were Turning it Round and Round From its Base

Giant Chandelier Near the Sydney Harbour Bridge

Rolling Around View from Across Circular Quay

Instagram

I've been absolutely obsessed with the Instagram app. It's available on the iPhone and Android market for free. Get it because it transforms your pictures into works of art! Take a snap, choose a filter and share your image as you would any mobile phone image. Which images do you like better?

Check out Vivid Sydney if you can. It takes over the city after dark from 25 May – 11 June 2012.

No comments:

How long have I been here?