Thursday, September 4, 2008

Here it comes...

So after Week 1, I had both good and bad feedback about my classes. My Memory English classes (lower mid-level) were pretty good. My head instructor said I am great with them, but I need to pick up the pace. Today (end of Week 2), he comes into my classroom and has a 1 on 1 with me. So he comes in smiling asking if I have checked my e-mails. At this point, I'm thinking he's just being friendly and asking if I wanted to mock teach tomorrow for our workshop. The subject line reads: CCTV Review Week 2. Yikes! So I try to keep myself composed and crack a joke to let him know I'm going to be calm about this. He gives me a few minutes to read over the 3 paragraph e-mail. He apologizes for the length and the tone, but he just wanted to let me know that I am no doing a bad job, but I do need to work on my middle school classes...the dreaded rocks. Apparently, I am not being hard enough of them, yet I'm suppose to try to keep them happy. Oxymoron? These little d'entents just amaze me. I want to be open-minded about the criticism, but it really is hard when you are trying to motivate middle-schoolers who have been school for 10 hours already and then have to endure 3 more hours of you screaming, "CIRCLE THE TRANSITIONS!" Hopefully next week's feedback will be better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

NICE

It seems that other than a couple little things that can easily eb chanegd you are doing pretty good at teaching. Very nice. My life here is ok. Work is not hard but the day si long. The on that I'm shadowing kinda tells me I work too fast at times. ahaha. How are the kids? APTs?

hasta luego
Marco

ps. at work they blocked a lot of websites but ur blog si nto blocked...AWESOME! I am looking forward to new entries

How long have I been here?