Sunday, April 18, 2010

Bob Ross in Korea

I love Bob Ross, so he's going to be featured in my blog.

Growing up, I would always watch Bob Ross & the Joy of Painting on PBS everyday after school.  Whenever I watched his show, I felt empowered to paint myself, but never got around to it because it was more fascinating watching him paint the "happy little trees" or make the "swoosh swoosh" sound as he painted with "titanium white" or "yellow ochre".  He had a serene and soothing Mr. Rogers-like voice.  Amazingly, in one hour, he would go from blank canvas to a very detailed landscape.

I was running on the treadmill at my gym when I saw him pop up on ths screen. I was so confused because he has been dead since 1995 when lymphoma took his life.  The video shows him promoting KT Qook & Show, a telecommunications company, I-Phone services.  Nostalgia rushed back.  It's a cute commercial with some foreigner wearing a Bob Ross wig and enjoying his I-Phone services from this company.  It also features actual Bob Ross clips dubbed in Korean.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

~Christie Renee~ said...

I was on the treadmill when I saw this commercial also! So creepy!

How long have I been here?