Thursday, April 15, 2010

Digital Subway Maps

Digital View
Multi-Function Machine
This is amazing! On my way to shop in Myeongdong, I was walking toward the exit when I noticed people gathered around some kind of board. People were touching, poking and dragging their fingers. With a closer look, I discovered that the city of Seoul had installed a digital multi-function map in all major stations.

With touch screen technology, you can look at physical maps of the city or subway maps indicating distance and journey time. Making it even more special, it has a road map feature that can show any street in 3D much like Google Maps.

It highlights points of interest such as museums, hiking, hospitals, shopping, or bus stations. It also has news headlines, stock and weather updates. You can place your T-Money card (pre-paid subway card) in and use the Internet phone. Calls within Korea are free! I'm so impressed with Korea. I'll never carry around a paper map again!

No comments:

How long have I been here?