Wednesday, August 11, 2010

What A Lousy Girlfriend

Coral Carnations & Vase

Happy Anniversary Dave! 1.5 years together and going strong.

Not knowing today was our anniversary because I wear a $5 Casio watch that has a delayed calendar. I felt really awful that I didn’t’ know today August 10th is our 1.5 year anniversary.

I called Dave to plan our dinner menu and he suggested we go out for dinner. I said sure since I just found out today that Taurus is offering me a job with sponsorship! Ben, my French co-worker, rode the train with me back to Kings Cross and offered to go out to Fringe Bar in Paddington for after-work drinks. Feeling unstoppable, I agreed. Dave met us on the street with a flower in his lapel. “Cute Dave.”

We finally enjoyed some drinks and met some of Ben’s friends. As normal as it seems, this is new for us. Dave and I have been living on a strict budget, therefore restricting our social activities. Finally, with both of us working we can enjoy the reason we work. Waiting for a pub grub and sipping on some well-deserved cocktails, Dave turns to me smiling and says, “Happy Anniversary.”

With only each other on our minds, we left to go home and there he turned off the lights. Shuffling around, he made me close my eyes until he presented me with a bouquet of flowers that matched the one in his lapel. The entire time I thought he stole it from Hyde Park! Also, around the room were lit lavender candles. We laid in bed with my last present, a large block of Cadbury Hazelnut Chocolate. Happy anniversary indeed.

*I failed to get him anything since I thought today was the 9th the entire day. I've already got something brewing for the 2 year anniversary February 10th.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute story! Happy Anniversary, you two. I hope I get to meet your Dave some day soon! Lots of love and best wishes on your 1.5 Year Anniversary. Love, Lins

Julesaway said...

You guys are so funny and cute!

How long have I been here?