Thursday, January 20, 2011

Sydney Harbour by Staples Australia


This is an amazing ad by The Works agency to introduce Australia to Staples, the office supplies store well-known in the US.

The entire structure was made out of office supplies. The structure was created by artist Darcy Prendergast using 344 recycled sticky notes, 84 boxes of staples, 361 bulldog clips, 169 paperclips, 107 rubber bands and 132 coloured pencils.

Sometimes I wonder why I don't work for an ad agency and then I realise how insane that industry is with their long hours and constant rejection. Sounds like fashion huh? 

On a side note, I've been addicted to Mad Men, a TV drama about an advertising agency set on Madison Avenue in New York City in the 1960s where males dominated society - hence the name. Wouldn't want to be a woman working at Sterling Cooper! Bring on Season 2!

No comments:

How long have I been here?