Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My first taste of Vegemite


It tastes like soy sauce on toast! Eck!

I've lived Australia now for 238 days and I've avoided trying Vegemite like plague. It's the spread that Aussies have grown up with like we love peanut butter and jelly. In case you didn't know, Vegemite is a spread made from yeast extract. Every time I bust out the peanut butter at work, I get the evil eye from my Aussie colleagues like I'm putting crap on my toast. Well, I've had a taste of Vegemite and it tastes like crap on toast! Way salty and reminds me of soy sauce - however I love soy sauce, but not as a spread! My British colleagues are now trying to get me to try marmite - apparently a less salty British version of yeast extract spread. Gotta love being the token American in the office!

No comments:

How long have I been here?