Wednesday, February 22, 2012

World Map


Anniversary Present to Dave
National Geographic Executive World Wall Map
It's the Size of a Queen Bed!

It finally arrived! It's only a week late, but I'm glad it got here. We celebrated our three year anniversary on February 10th and I had only given him monogrammed cuff links, which I still think was a pretty spiffy idea. Four days later was Valentine's Day and I only had chocolate sauce and cherries (gag gift!) to show for myself. This was the real present I have been waiting to give him.


Used Tape, But It's Up

I rattled my brain thinking of what to get him. I've said it before and I'll say it again, boys are hard to shop for! I can only get him so many shirts and a guy needs only one wallet and belt.


Thinking of the past three years we've shared together, much of it was spent travelling. Dave had talked about always wanting a world map. The idea just clicked.




A Sign of a Good Present

This is the first step; having the map itself. One day when we're older, with our own house, we'll put it up with a nice frame. I'd like to embroider a piece of cloth with:

David and Shadiyah's Travels
Since 2009

This will go inside the frame on top of the poster. Until then, we can admire the map and think of all the places we've been and start planning for where we want to go next.

No comments:

How long have I been here?