Saturday, May 16, 2009

Coatel Room 607
Christie, My Khan, Jenn & Me

8.18.08--This is where it all began.

Four girls arrive to Seoul and trek their way to the Chungdahm paid-for hotel--The Coatel in Gangnam. Finding my name on a list at the front desk, I am told that my room # is 607. Weary from jetlag, I trudge my two 50lbs bags along to my room at midnight. I knock on the door. No answer. I knock harder. No answer. I ring the doorbell. No answer. I ring the doorbell again. No answer. The door finally creaks open.

Although in a daze, My Khan helps me with my bags into our room.

"Where are you from?"-Texas, Seattle. Zzzzzsss...

The next morning, My Khan and I wake up to find our other two roomates are awake too, Jenn and Christie. Four girls get ready for a week of Chungdahm training.

8.22.08--We sign our contracts and we go our separate ways. Busan (Jenn), Daejon (My Khan), Taereung April, Seoul (Christie) and Junggye, Seoul (Shadiyah)

It's been 9 months and we've stuck it out in Korea. Although living apart, we've remained close friends keeping in touch and visiting as much as we could. We've come here for a life change and now we have to part ways.

Jenn decided to cut her contract short and leave Korea for personal reasons. She needed to be home back in Palm Springs, California. She missed her family. She missed her old life. Most of all, she needed serenity.

We came together for one last hoorah in Busan. Luckily, there was an 80s/denim party and we took that red headed slut out.

Shopping Results
MyKhan, Jenn, Christie, & Me


Classic 80s Shades: Ray Bans & Venetian Blinds
Jenn & Me

Ready for the 80s Party
Christie, My Khan, Jenn, & Me


Josh: Our New Drunk & Hilarious Friend
My Khan, Josh, & Me

Coatel Hotel Roomie Love
Jenn, Chrstie, My Khan & Me

Although it was sad to hear that our foursome was splitting, I am so happy to have met and kept my friendship close with these four amazing girls. We come from very different backgrounds, but Korea united us all. Everyone moves at their own pace, but somehow the universe brought four girls in four different directions to one hotel room. I know we will all do great things in the future and I cannot wait for the next reunion wherever we are in the world.

No comments:

How long have I been here?