Friday, January 30, 2015

A French treat or cheat?

30 Day Shred - Day 4

Today's a rest day woohoo!

Actually, it's not. I didn't do yesterday's arm workout, so I get to start my day with doing a circuit of four exercises with light dumbbells. It's actually a good way to start the day. I love going for runs in the morning. It gets my blood pumping. It wakes me up and the endorphins start to get going. I didn't wake up early enough to go on my usual run. I blame soccer...or work...or soccer.

It's Friday. Why was work so tough today? I had not only back to back meetings, but was often times double booked. I started my day with another five egg omelet. It was the protein I needed to prepare me for my day. I kept my calm and in the end got through all my meetings and got some wins for some of the projects I'm on. Told ya, it's time to kick some goals!

After a long week of work and shredding, I couldn't wait to see Dave for ou date night. But before we went, I joined my colleagues for a drink. I of course didn't drink and that was just not OK to them. They understood my personal challenge, but they kept teasing me about it. What is it about the idea of taking a break from drinking that gets people all stirred up? I told them I was on the shred and that wasn't enough for them.

"Why do you need to do a shred Shady?"

"Why aren't you drinking?

"Can't you have a vodka, lime and soda?"

Is eating healthy for 30 days such a big deal? I know they tease me in good fun, but it almost feels like they don't support me. It's a tough road, but at the end of the day, I have to remember that this is my challenge and mine alone. I have persevere and get through the adversity.

But now Dave and I are off to a French restaurant. You know what that means...butter, butter and more butter.

I was feeling guilty all day about cheating on the 30 Day Shred. But it's one meal.

Our last restaurant voucher expires on the 10th Feb. This was the only day we could book it in.

Am I cheating on challenge or is it a treat for getting this far? I've been so good so far. One meal isn't going to reverse all my good work is it?

In the end, Dave and I enjoyed our meal and I stopped worrying about its effects on my body. I needed this date night with our rich delicious dinner and dessert. Sometimes you have to reward yourself and enjoy the good things in life. I'm loving the way my body feels so far on the 30 Day Shred, but I also love spending quality time with Dave just enjoying ourselves with no care in the world. Bon appetit!

Restaurant: The Little Snail
Location: Pyrmont near Darling Harbour
Price: $$ (but we had a voucher for a 3 course dinner for 2 with wine)
Best dish: snails - delicious buttery garlicky goodness
Worst dish: profiteroles - really dry pastry


1st Course
Bouillabaisse de Marseille
Traditional French seafood soup of mussels - fish fillets and prawns - cooked in tomato and seafood broth - served with garlic baguette



1st Course
Escargot de Bourgogne
Dozen snails marinated in herb-infused court bouillon, oven baked in garlic butter
(Lots of butter and garlic yum!)


2nd Course
Salmon served with crab meat risotto


2nd Course
Cote de Veau
Veal tenderloin with champignon and chardonnay beurre blanc - served with potato croquette and seasonal greens


3rd Course
Handmade Profiteroles
With creme patissiere and mint chocolate sauce
(Very dry)


3rd Course
Classic Creme Caramel

No comments:

How long have I been here?