Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Beans, beans, the more you eat them...

30 Day Shred - Day 2

It's raining again...

No 'light cardio' until this evening I guess. I'm going to miss my project team's weekly lunch time boot camp too due to a concurrent meeting. Looks like I'm cramming in an entire workout tonight after work.

I arrived at work really looking forward to my 5 egg breakfast. This time it has pears - something I would have never added to an omelet. It was salty and sweet delicious!

Again, due to all the meetings, I didn't eat my morning snack until lunch time. That banana and walnuts sure kept my blood sugar levels stable.

And again, lunch was eaten at afternoon snack time. Today's lunch was harder to swallow. Half can of chickpeas and half can of four bean mix...that's a lot of beans!

I made the mistake of announcing to my team that I'm 'shredding'. One of our more outspoken team members makes a point to remind everyone I'm 'shredding' - all in good fun of course. I'm actually relieved it's out there. It kind of makes me accountable to stick to it. My team is so supportive and I know they'll have my back on this. The looks and questions I get though...

"10 walnuts?! Like 10 pieces of 10 whole ones?"

"You're going to make a lot of music later with all those beans you've eaten."

"I can't stand next to you after you've eaten all those beans."

"I'm shredding too. I have a salad with a side of pork belly and rice."

My colleagues keep me on my ties and definitely my mood light. I'm glad they know because when I can't eat out with them, they'll know why. I keep reminding myself - just 30 days. Well 29 now.

Off to the gym...

I've started 30 minutes earlier than yesterday. I still have to do my 'light cardio' so I'm back to 20 minutes on the elliptical and 1km at 10km/hour on the treadmill. 

Today's focus is biceps, triceps and abs. I surprisingly struggled with 4kg dumbbells so downgraded to 3kgs. Also using the yoga ball for crunches made me nauseous - I get motion sick very easily. My favorite workout were the roman twists. I didn't enjoy the triceps workout but glad I did them. It's a big problem area and I want to get rid of those tuck shop lady arms!

So tonight was better...I got home at 8pm. This time Dave was home. At least the tennis was on, but I did feel bad about not spending much time with him. He's so supportive of my journey though. He even wanted to cut back on his food intake eating a quarter of his pad Thai instead of a regular serving.

I loved my big eggy breakfast, but I really enjoyed my mexi bowl dinner. After two big workouts on Day 1 and Day 2, this dish was very satisfying - although it called for more beans. That's 3 different kind of beans in one day!

I also made Day 3 meals rather quickly because there's no soup tomorrow. I really need to make time to make soup in bulk this weekend.

Now to watch the video tutorials on tomorrow's circuit training. I'm also going to soccer practice eek!

No comments:

How long have I been here?