Thursday, January 29, 2015

Kicking goals

30 Day Shred - Day 3

I'm feeling good so far today. I'm a little sick of eggs for breakfast, but lucky me I get to eat quinoa with bananas and cinnamon. I'm actually used to bland porridge for breakfast because I eat regular oats anyways. By regular, I mean no added sugar, honey etc - just oats and milk heated up in the microwave.

I have an incredibly busy day. On top of back to back meetings, I'm travelling to Burwood for work from 12-2. Thank goodness that quinoa  bowl was so filling because I missed my morning tea and ate my beet root and pumpkin salad on the train. 

I made the huge mistake of adding uncooked beetroot into my salad thinking I could eat it like apples. Knowing how hard the beetroot is when I cut it, I couldn't stomach eating them so I left them in my plastic container to take home. I got some good advice from my colleague that they are better baked if anything.

On my way back from Burwood, it finally hit...I was fading. Was it the lack of carbs? My body was adjusting to it's new fuel - mostly eggs, beans, spinach and pumpkin. I was ravenous by the time I got back to my desk at 2:30pm. Those two boiled eggs never looked so good. I try not to peel and eat boiled eggs in the office (ya know - that smell). This time I didn't care. I ate them like a vulture finding it's first meal in days and I instantly felt better.

That afternoon, I was hoping to leave on time but since I was out of the office so long, I had tons of emails to catch up on. I was planning on going to my first outdoor soccer training session, but the mountain of emails were weighing heavy on my mind. I ended up leaving at 6:30pm because I knew I good kick around was what I needed to clear my head.

It was the pacifier I needed. I played for an hour with my old teammates and a lot of new faces. I'm not sure yet if I'm going to commit to an entire outdoor season (Jan-Sept), but getting a touch on the ball felt amazing...despite my heavy panting. I wasn't thinking about work anymore...just good ol' game of soccer with my friends. 

By the time I got home, I was exhausted. Today's shred workout was definitely not happening. My legs were jello from wearing cleats on long grass for the first time in over a year.

Tomorrow is a rest day, so my plan is to do the upper arms workout in the morning before work. Although it's only been a four day work week, it feels like the longest week ever. It could be a combination of starting the shred and having to cram in five days into four. I got over the three day hump still feeling light with lots of energy. I can't wait until tomorrow afternoon because by then, I'll have met my deadlines, finished day four and have date night with Dave. Time to kick some goals!

No comments:

How long have I been here?