Saturday, January 31, 2015

Beating cravings

30 Day Shred - Day 5

After last night's rich French 3-course meal, I needed to get back on track today.

I woke up at 10:30am. The week must have taken a toll on my body because I was absolutely exhausted. Was it the shred or my brain sucking week? It didn't matter now because I'm not at work and I have two full days of beach time ahead of me.

I started my day with a huge bowl of quinoa with shredded coconut, one green apple, soy milk and cinnamon. It took me over an hour to eat!


Breakfast
Coconut Quinoa Bowl

After, loading the laundry cleaning up the kitchen and making Dave a beetroot juice...and then cleaning up that too, I was finally outside by 11:30am. I met Dave at the beach volleyball courts. He was already playing a game so I chatted to some of his mates. They're encouraging me to play a game with actual players. I told them I wasn't ready yet because I had only started playing at the net last weekend. If I want to get good though I'm going to have to jump into a game. Soon.

My friend met me at the beach and we had a good catch up. I had to leave her early because I wanted to get a new bathing suit, meet my other friend for a coffee and also do my shred training all before 5:30pm.

I was in the market for a one piece, but I managed to find three bikin bottoms and a bikini top. There's something about the shred that makes me want to show off my body...soon to be bikini beach volleyball body. A girl can dream right? It's unrealistic to think I'll have ripped abs in 30 days, but after five days, I can already tell a difference. There's less flab around my waist, chest and arms.

I managed to see my friend for afternoon tea at her place while her kids were asleep and had enough time to meet another friend at beach who brought along her little brother and niece. Three separate dates in one afternoon - is this what being single is like?

By the time I got home, I was hungry again. It's 4pm and I've only had breakfast. The 30 Day Shred requires you to eat five times per day, but to be honest the day itself gets in the way. I can't seem to find time to eat all the meals nor am I hungry enough to eat them all. But after only having breakfast today, I was ready for my daily salad. I had to multi-task because I knew if I didn't get my daily shred workout in, I'd fall behind the next day. So I lifted those dumb bells while the broccoli steamed. I made a double portion of salad so Dave could have some and I could take the rest to the game. I managed to do the entire workout except one set of abs which I'll squeeze in tomorrow.

Off to the game!


Asian Cup Final
Australia v South Korea
Outside of Stadium Australia

There was so much traffic on e way to the game. It took us nearly an hour to get to the stadium when it would usually take 30-40 minutes. The entire time, I was thinking about eating. After blasting through my workout, by body was hungry for sustenance. Those two boiled eggs I didn't eat at work yesterday are sounding real good right about now.

We got to the game 40 minutes before kick off. While the boys ate food truck wraps and gozleme, I ate half my salad and one of two boiled eggs. I was full, but I knew I'd be hungry in an hour or two so I saved the other boiled egg and last half of my salad for half time.

It was so worth it because I was hungry again as predicted. 

The best outcome so far is that I don't crave typical late night food. I have curbed my appetite after dinner. And I no longer want sweets!

Australia defeated South Korea, the better team (with better chants and fan unity!), but I am beating late night cravings and my sweet tooth. Not gonna lie though...at the half time I was tempted to get fries, but I'm glad I didn't.


Australia wins 2-1 in overtime
76,000+ attendees

No comments:

How long have I been here?