Friday, February 20, 2015

A sweet finish

30 Day Shred - Day 25

This has been a big week. 

I feel like I'm starting to repeat myself week on week, but it's true!

Each week I'm challenged and often feel stressed and look for nothing more than the weekend. When the weekend hits, I thank my lucky stars that I overcame the week that was and am ready to take on the next week.

This week was particularly draining from all the work I had due and all of the challenges I've made for myself...as in not part of my job but I'm doing it anyways to challenge myself.

During my lunch break I completed my shred workout for the day. I ran out of time so will have to save some of the legs and abs for Saturday. I'm glad I knocked it out because tonight I might be tempted to eat/drink outside of the approved 30 Day Shred meal plans.

I started with a rose at 5pm. I wasn't kidding when I say I had a big week. It was worth it. A good catch up with a girlfriend always deserves a glass of rose.

By Friday, all I wanted was to have a night off with my girlfriends where we could catch up and laugh at life.

Today, I planned a girls' night out with three mates from soccer. Fifty Shades of Grey was out and were making a big night of it. One of my friends was also on the 30 Day Shred, but decided she needed to give it a real go when she was done with her previous commitments. So she had I didn't feel too bad about a little sweet finish to our week.

After work I walked over to Central Station where my friend did a drive by and picked me up in 6pm rush hour traffic. We made it just 10 minutes late to our dinner reservation at Sefa's Kitchen. Two of us in the group are vegetarian so it was a perfect place to have dinner. The other two are dieting anyways, so they sucked it up when we ordered tapas of pumpkin, haloumi, broccoli and cauliflower. The meal was delicious but not filling at all. We were happy with our $15 individual contributions, but wish we had a little more. We had a plan B and that involved a sweet finish to dessert before we met Christian Grey.

Anytime you're at Bondi Junction for a movie, you must and I emphasise the MUST, go to Max Brenner. It's a chocolate bar/cafe with amazing treats. My personal favourite is to get a small ramekin of milk chocolate called a 'Chocolate Lick".

After nearly a month of the 30 Day Shred and one heck of a week, I went for it. I ordered a Cinnamon Babka (basically a tower of cinnamon roll drizzled with milk chocolate)...plus the Chocolate Lick.

The first bite was divine. After a few bites though I had satiated my craving. It didn't taste so good anymore...too sweet actually. I have basically been off sweets and carbs for the entire month of February and although this tasted amazing at first, I wasn't so satisfied.


Cinnamon Babka
Max Brenner

After our chocolate indulgence, we sat down for our next indulgence - Christian Grey on the big screen.

The movie was pretty bad. There were a lot of bad lines. Christian wasn't as hunky as we'd imagined when we read the books. Nevertheless, it was two hours of fantasy. It's definitely an atypical movie, but all good fun especially with girlfriends who were just beside themselves at every turn in the movie.


Thank you @miss_melinda81 for capturing the perfect Instagram

I'm so glad I could put my work and shred aside. Sometimes, you have to indulge in the sweeter things in life may it be chocolate, a hunky man or the best girlfriends that make all the pressures of life melt away.

No comments:

How long have I been here?