Monday, February 23, 2015

Git 'er dun!

30 Day Shred - Day 28

Bring on Monday! I have 3 days left on the 30 Day Shred so to make sure I end on a bang, I approached the day with gusto and determination to knock things out.

I made my daily list of things to do and was able to scratch away at my list during the day. With every pen stroke, my mind relaxed and I felt more at ease with work. I even went to the gym and knocked out a shred work out. I'm a day behind, but I know I'll get it all done somehow if not by the 30th day, but definitely by the end of the week.

I was on a high after work. Although tired and a bit sore from shred workouts and my soccer game yesterday, I managed to play a decent game and score off a corner kick! I had a big day, but I knew what I had to do today and that was to git er' dun!

I came home to a very nice surprise. A candle lit dinner awaited my arrival. I was a sweaty mess from indoor soccer and decided to take a shower first. I also wanted to do a quick shred workout. But it didn't go to plan. I reached for my cell phone and couldn't find it. It wasn't in my gym bag or purse. I started panicking. As I did the first set of my upper arms workout, Dave went downstairs to the garage to look for my phone. I continued to panic. I even tried to call some girlfriends who were still playing indoor via Facebook - does it really work?

When he came back saying it wasn't there, I knew I had to rush to the indoor centre before it closed. I parked and ran to the centre...completely puffed. As soon as I walked in, I spotted my floral phone cover and sighed a breath of relief.

I headed home and plopped down on at the dinner table ravenous for food. Screw the workout...I'll do it tomorrow morning.

I kissed Dave thank you and all was forgiven. He had made up for all the frustration and anger I had with him yesterday.


Candle lit healthy dinner


6 year anniversary gift is up!

After dinner, we watched the Oscars. I looked at the blank wall with 3 hooks and was eager to get the frame up. The night before, we had spent an hour measuring and perfecting the position of the 3M hooks for the frame to hang properly. It may not look like it, but the frame was only $19 from Kmart! I had been quoted over $300 to frame my anniversary print and I knew I couldn't live with myself. This was just as slick and now we can admire it overtime we walk into our apartment.

No comments:

How long have I been here?