Monday, February 16, 2015

A sweet potato

30 Day Shred - Day 21

Anyone got the case of the Mondays besides me?

It hasn't been a bad Monday actually. I'm on top of things, but I'm trying to challenge myself at work more so the more I take on, the harder it is to keep up. I have a big writing challenge today. I took it home over the weekend and only put in a dent. So I had most of it to do today. I got 80% of it done, which is  okay because once I see it in action, then I can make really refine it.

My body is absolutely exhausted from this weekend. I had a huge 30 Day Shred double workout on Saturday followed by my first outdoor game - a full 90 minutes in 30+ degree heat.

So I'm going to be a day behind my workouts. Luckily, Emily Skye factored in some rest days, so instead of resting which I did today, I'll make up my workouts then.

I came home to an amazing aroma - sweet potato fries crisping up in the oven. I've been a little hard on Dave during this challenge. I find myself being responsible of the food shopping, meal calendar and preparation. I can't fault Dave though. He knows I have a specific meal plan I have to follow and isn't on the shred himself. He doesn't have to eat what I eat, but he is happy to so he goes with whatever I make. I'm just feeling sorry for myself because I'm putting pressure on myself during this challenge to be diligent. Then when I'm stuck in the kitchen, I think why isn't Dave helping with all this, but he doesn't have to.

Tonight, it was his turn in the kitchen. This morning I left a recipe out of a Fitness First magazine on the counter top with sweet potatoes next to it. Although prompted, he took the time to make the recipe!

He said cutting the potatoes was tough, but preparing them was easy. Just place on a baking tray and bake until soft. Then grill until crisp. Add olive oil and salt and enjoy!

At first I thought he was being a couch potato, but tonight he was my sweet potato (I know...dad joke).

No comments:

How long have I been here?