Monday, February 2, 2015

Smookies

30 Day Shred - Day 7

I've made it an entire week! Only three more to go...

I'm really impressed that I've for the most part kept to the 30 Day Shred meal plans and exercises. I have more foresight on meal preparations and workouts. What I didn't plan for is how to balance work demands and 30 Day Shred demands.

I kind of felt sorry for myself when I had to prepare yet another salad for lunch today. I keep thinking back at my weigh in yesterday. 1.5 kgs lost in six days. Tough it out girl!

I was so tired from my three workouts yesterday that I missed running this morning - it was also raining. And I didn't get out of work till after 6pm, so I opted for the at home version. Does walking all day from meeting to meeting count for my daily 40 minutes of light cardio? Last week, I was so good about going to the gym and getting in 20 minutes of elliptical plus a fast 1 kilometer and then the shred workout. Emily Skye must have known time is a major barrier, so she created the at home workouts. I did my dumb bell and ab workouts (the dips especially burned!) right before dinner. Problem is that I ate dinner at nearly 9pm. Thankfully my dinners are light and digest pretty quickly in the two hours before bed. Ideally I'd like to eat dinner between 6-7pm, but I'm usually powering off from work. If I can just get to hump day, work will be less crazy and I can hopefully get to the gym or do my cardio and shred work out decent time so I'm not eating so late.



Smookies
Two chocolate chip cookies with melted marshmallow and chocolate in between

I'm a pretty prolific Instagram foodie. I love checking my Instagram feed everyday for inspiration, make me smile moments and food ideas. When I saw the smookie grace my screen, my mouth watered. I thought I had cut the sugar craving, but this looked too good. As someone on a shred, it's like torture seeing an image like this. It's also torture to see yourself overweight in the mirror, but damn did I want a smookie. Perhaps a celebratory treat on Day 31?

No comments:

How long have I been here?