Friday, February 13, 2015

Alone at last

30 Day Shred - Day 18

Yay it's Friday! Dave and I again slept in. It's been a big week and with all our extra curricular activities on Thursday evenings, we were too wired to sleep. I stayed up past midnight looking at The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon videos. The Saved by the Bell skit was particularly hilarious. Zach, Kelly, Jessie and Slater look exactly the same. Mr. Belding on the other hand...

I spent the morning writing and replying to emails. At midday, I had a meeting - but this was no regular meeting. Between two departments, we agreed on a way forward to work together. But there's more...I was recognised as the leader on the project! This is the validation I've been looking for. I've been working so hard for the last few weeks and now I've been recognised for that effort!

I wrapped up the meeting by sending out the notes. I was amped up. I decided to go work out during a Friday lunch time for the first time ever. I usually reserve Friday lunches for my one time to go out to eat all week. Dave and I are very good about bringing lunches to save money. But on Fridays we like to give ourselves a treat. Because I'm on the 30 Day Shred, I don't have that luxury anymore. So I have to power forward. I walked to Fitness First Market Street with purpose. I was going to do my 30 Day Shred workout and a fast 1 kilometre run on the treadmill.

I did 8 sets of 20 seconds of squats, wide squats, jump lunges, v-ups and roman twists. This was a  hard circuit.

I walked out of the gym feeling strong. My legs were jell-o, but I know my butt is going to look good one day if I keep this up.

My afternoon was filled with meetings and bits of writing. I had one task I wanted to do today, but pushed it back. Instead I did a lot of little things and left my one big thing for the weekend. I've really got to stop doing this.

I drove home at 6:30pm. I was home free...for the weekend at least. But first I wanted to stop at Coles in Randwick to pick up dinner.

Dave has been on my journey too. He's not only been supportive, but eating my salads each day. It could be because he can't be bothered to make his own lunch or perhaps because he wants to try what I'm doing. So to reward his efforts, I bought him meat. A lot of meat. I bought chucks steak, pork loins and two types of chorizos. For my secret Valentine's breakfast, I also got him bacon, but I'll tell you more about that tomorrow.

When I got home, he had already opened the door for me. He had a big grin on his face. I hadn't heard from him all afternoon and now I saw why.

He had cleaned the apartment and bought me not one but two plants; an elegant orchid and a very Valentine's Day appropriate red flowering plant.

I really like went with such unique plants instead of typical roses. He had gone to Bunnings before I came home and picked the last nice looking orchid.


A stunning surprise waiting for me at home.


And another beautiful plan with luscious red flowers.
Much better than typical red roses.

I was close to giving him his Valentine's gift, but I held back. I'll leave them for Valentine's Day. To end our tough week, we decided to stay home and spend time together. We were alone at last. Just us, no one else. This is all I wanted for Valentine's Day.

This week has been a big week of work challenges and of course love. It was so nice to sit at our table, with my favourite 90s Alternative Pandora station on in the background and eat clean food. Well, I ate clean food. Dave ate a chorizo and a very rare steak - yuck! I've been a pescatarian for over two years now. Dave taunted me with a bite of chorizo. "It's so good, try it." And I didn't event want to. Hopefully I'll have this resolve with white rice, bread and sweets when the 30 Day Shred is over.


Not part of the 30 Day Shred, but all the ingredients are.
Pan seared salmon in coconut oil, grilled broccoli with garlic and brown rice.

No comments:

How long have I been here?