Saturday, February 21, 2015

Splurge

30 Day Shred - Day 26

I woke up at 9am. I was absolutely exhausted...I blame the Max Brenner Cinnamon Babka.

I went outside of the 30 Day Shred meal plans yesterday when I ate a sinfully delicious cinnamon roll with milk chocolate sauce and drank a glass of rose after work. 

I was feeling it. I usually wake up feeling skinny, light and clear headed. This morning I felt bloated, lethargic and dazed.

I forced myself to get up and get out. I had promised my friend that I'd be her guinea pig student for her first yoga class. She is learning to become a yoga instructor and needed to fill up some training hours but also just practice with people.

It was a rainy morning, but the skies cleared up and there was a cool breeze perfect for our yoga session. With the damp grounds, we found the perfect spot - a gazebo at Grant Reserve right off the promenade to the beach.

Her class was very similar to the vinyasa class I got on Sundays. It's very interesting to hear how other yogis run a class or describe a movement. One day I'll be able to hold the standing splits.


Her first piece of PR
Courtney Owen Yoga

After an hour of yoga, we were ready to stand on solid ground again. We had a lot to catch up on so we went to brunch at one of our favourite clean foods cafes - Oneness Cafe on Coogee Bay Road. Everything on their menu is perfect for the 30 Day Shredder. I'm not entirely sure I'm allowed gluten free bread.

We both have spent the last month reevaluating our lives, trying new things and looking forward to brighter future. She too had done a type of shred and was taking on new challenges at work, not to mention yoga teaching! It rained while we ate, but once it stopped we went to a few shops around Coogee Bay Road. One of my favourite stores is Cargo Store. I always walk out of there with something. Today I bought a tribal print dress. It had a great cut out back, nice neckline and sleeves and pockets!

"I deserve this. It's been a big week."

I'm trying to save money, but sometimes a girl needs some retail therapy.


Quinoa and Haloumi Cakes from Oneness Cafe in Coogee

The shopping splurge didn't stop there. Dave was away all day at an indoor volleyball tournament. So I was left by myself. I decided to be productive. I wanted to go to Spotlight, a homewares store in Bondi Junction. I was expecting some deals, but the deals I did get were on another level.

  1. 50% off an already reduced Yankee Candle jar priced at $15 - now $7.50
  2. 2 Tefal pans for $35
  3. $1.50 placemats
  4. $15 designer pillow
  5. Buy 1, get 1 for free shower curtains
I didn't stop there. I went to Kmart and bought $2 plates and 6 glass tumblers for $6!



My shopping splurge 

I got home at 3pm. I planned to go to the gym to meet a girlfriend for weights training at 4pm. When I got home, my body shut down. I was so tired from the week, yoga and my big shopping splurge. I put on an episode of Project Runway and stared blankly at the screen. I finally got up and was out of the door at 4:15pm. This girlfriend is usually the late one, but today I was. I made up for my tardiness with a full upper body and abs workout. Plus I invited to her to dinner with my other girlfriend who lives in Randwick. I caught up with all my exercises for the week including the few bits I couldn't finish at yesterday's lunch break. I weighed myself. I was still the same weight I was a week ago. I feel thinner, but it still doesn't feel that great to know you haven't lost weight. I have to tell myself it's probably fat turned into muscle now. Or do I blame the cinnamon babka?!

We went to dinner at La Sen, the new Vietnamese place at The Spot in Randwick. I was naughty and ordered veggie spring rolls, lightly battered prawns and rice. I had felt so bad this morning from eating carbs and chocolate the night before, but I had worked it out. Now I was I negating that workout with fried food and white rice? I'm sure I am. Sometimes you have to splurge. I'm a big believer in rewarding yourself especially when you've had a tough week. I've brushed it off. It was a delicious meal and I'm good 95% of the time. I had an excellent day with yoga, catch ups with friends, a shopping splurge and a killer double shred workout. But tomorrow...it's time to get serious again. I only have four more days! 

No comments:

How long have I been here?