Monday, February 2, 2015

Put cottage cheese on top

30 Day Shred - Day 8

Today's a rest day hooray!

Except I didn't rest...

I had back to back meetings today. At least I wasn't double booked. I made it to all my meeting, but that meant was that it was only at the end of the day that I had a chance to finally sit down and do my work. After replying to some emails, I finally had to sit down and get to writing. Half of my job is getting people onside with that I'm writing. The other half is working out what I'm supposed to write. Then there's that extra 20% of my job where I actually write.

My deadline was the next day. And I was starting from scratch...

I had a good idea of what I was supposed to write, but it's not that simple. I have to look at research on specific  keywords to weave into the content. I have to look at our competitors to see how they frame their story. Then I have to think...how do we want to frame our story. Once that's all figured out, it's actually pretty easy to words on the screen.

Unfortunately for me, my creative process started after 5pm, which meant I wasn't actually writing until 7pm. I was outta there by 8pm.

I felt sorry for myself, but I also felt accomplished when I powered down my laptop. It was a good day actually. I got many people onside with what I was writing (that's 50% of my job), figured out what I was going to write (the other 50%) and finally wrote it (that extra 20%).

Where I wasn't winning was managing my time at home. I got home at 8:30pm absolutely famished. I hadn't even made my dinner much less my shred workout for the day.

I bit my lip and took out those dumb bells while Dave put on a TV show we could both enjoy - Heston's Great British Food. Heston Blumenthal (I feel like he's so well known, but I'll explain anyway) is a food mad scientist. He creates amazing gastronomic experiences. In this show he dives into the history of Britain's iconic foods like fish and chips or the roast. In this episode he explored chocolate. I thought I'd be more into the show, but my hunger pangs were too distracting. Plus, I'm not such a chocolate lover anymore since completing the I Quit Sugar program (well 4 out of 8 weeks of it). I do have my cravings like yesterday when I wanted a smookie. Tonight my mind was more preoccupied with finishing these ab workouts and making a a Simple Mexi Bowl of brown rice, capsicums, avocado, mushroom, cottage cheese and hot sauce. It's a weak spot! I know I'm not supposed to have sauce, but you can't make a Texan eat Mexican food without hot sauce...actually any food without hot sauce.

Lately, I'm finding that if I just put cottage cheese on top of a green salad, bean salad, pumpkin salad or sweet potato salad...it tastes better! It's pretty well known that cheese isn't a dieter's friend. But it's cottage cheese, not haloumi (my favourite cheese since I've lived in Australia). Gotta watch myself. It's one tablespoon, not four.

I finished shredding and eating by 10pm. This was the latest dinner I've had in a long time, shred or no shred. I don't ever want to do this again. I need to find a better way of getting my work done without having to work too late or miss out on important meetings. I need to find a way to prepare my meals so I don't cut into Dave and Shadiyah time. I have to say this was an unusual circumstance. I rarely stay so late at work. But I do feeling accomplished both at work and in my 30 Day Shred program. No pain no gain right? Or lose weight that is.

No comments:

How long have I been here?