Thursday, February 5, 2015

Plateau

30 Day Shred - Day 10

It's been a week and a half into the 30 Day Shred. I can't believe I've made it this far. I've seen great results so far and I'm not over the salads. It's just become a way of life now. I know I can't eat anything else, so I pass that fork to my lips and chew. Today's lunch was particularly a long chew. I made up my own salad, with the same ingredients that other salads call for and it was great.

  • Spinach
  • Diced tomatoes
  • Steamed pumpkin
  • Pan roasted chickpeas with cumin and coconut oil
It took me over an hour to eat, but kept me full. I brought a banana and walnuts for my morning tea, but didn't eat it until 5pm because I was so full from my breakfast and knew if I was going to soccer training, I'd need some energy beforehand.

My breakfast today was made up too. I was quite impressed of how my scrambled eggs turned out. Again, I took the same ingredients I use at nearly every meal plus the usual egg mixture.

  • 4 egg whites
  • 1 whole egg
  • spinach
  • cottage cheese
One of my fears is that if I don't precisely follow the 30 Day Shred, I'll lose out on the real outcome. But does it do any harm to create your own meals if the ingredients are the same? Today I wore some fitted stretchy pants. My legs still filled them out, but I could tell they were slightly loser, but not by much. In the first week, I noticed considerable change especially in my inner and outer thighs and upper arms. Today for some reason, I feel like nothing has changed. Have I plateaued? I've been eating a bit more cottage cheese, adding hot sauce to bland meals and making up some of the meals with the same ingredients. Does that mean I won't see or feel change since I'm 'cheating' on the 30 Day Shred?

I'm letting it go.

Following the Facebook support forum, I noticed many women posting a lull in results during week 2. To jolt my body from my regular routine, I decided to go to soccer training. I was very close to not going because I'm still unsure if I want to play this season. It's a lot of money and a lot of time. Plus the games are on Sundays and I love my Sundays where I have to do nothing but go to yoga at 3pm. I'm glad I went because it was a good chance to play again. I found my skills were very rusty. My brain knew what to do, but my body didn't move as fast as it did before. My reactions were delayed and I often felt like I had two left feet. But the more I played, the better my touches were. Last year I knew I didn't want to play, but this year seems different. Something inside me is yearning to keep playing outdoor. I love the camaraderie among the girls and love play making. The big fire under me is that Early Bird registration ends next Sunday and that's a big $490 commitment. I'll give it another go next Thursday. Perhaps this is my year to get back into soccer.

No comments:

How long have I been here?