Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Go big

30 Day Shred - Day 16

Dave and I woke up late - like 8am. We had stayed up late the night before looking up our Maldives resort. A little sleep in after a six year anniversary celebration is always OK.

Work was long. I was in testing all day which means I'm stuck in one room all day listening to users try out our technology. I get very meaningful insights but it's an exhausting day. One thing that kept me going was my usual four egg plus one whole egg omelet, handful of walnuts and salad. I cheated a little bit by eating freezer food - crumbed baked fish. I tried to peel away the crumb, but it was stuck to the fish. A minor slip up from the 30 Day Shred, but I found myself enjoying the pumpkin and spinach salad more than the fish. My taste buds have acclimated to new tastes.

Besides testing, I had a big presentation on my mind. I put up my hand up to present tomorrow to a guild at work. I was going to teach the a group of highly experienced professionals something they do everyday. I used to be a teacher, I could do this!

A big teaser email went out with my head shot to probably 50 people. Pressure was on. I stayed late to prepare. I haven't presented in front of that size crowd in years. But this was my chance to make an impact, a name for myself and to convince myself that I can do this again. As the saying goes, "Go big or go home." I'm ready to show everyone that I can present and teach something new to a group of people. So I stayed pat 8pm, because I was ready to go big.


No comments:

How long have I been here?